Applying for a VA Loan in Austin Today!
A VA loan is a mortgage loan guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA loans are available to eligible veterans, service members, and their families. VA loans offer many benefits, including no down payment required, competitive interest rates, and no private mortgage insurance (PMI).
Concerned about your eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for a VA loan, you must meet the following service requirements:
- Served at least 90 days of active duty service during wartime, or 181 days of active duty service during peacetime.
- Served six years in the National Guard or Reserves.
- Were discharged from the military under honorable conditions.
If you’re a veteran looking to navigate the process of obtaining your VA certificate of eligibility, there’s no better resource than HomePromise. Simply call them at 800-720-0250, and their team of experts will provide you with all the information and guidance you need.
HomePromise will ensure that you are well-informed about the steps and requirements involved in acquiring your VA certificate of eligibility, making the process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Don’t hesitate to reach out and take the first step towards accessing the valuable benefits and services you’ve earned through your service to our country.
Benefits of VA Loans
VA loans offer a number of benefits to eligible borrowers, including:
- No down payment required. This can be a huge advantage for first-time homebuyers, as it allows them to purchase a home without having to save up a large down payment.
- No private mortgage insurance (PMI). PMI is typically required for conventional mortgages with a down payment of less than 20%. VA loans do not require PMI, which can save borrowers money each month.
- Flexible qualifying guidelines. VA loans have more flexible qualifying guidelines than other types of mortgages, making it easier for veterans and service members to qualify for a loan.
Get A VA Loan With A 580 Credit Score
The Department of Veterans Affairs doesn’t require a specific credit score. You still want to avoid having bad credit because VA lenders will still look at your credit history and may deny you based on severe credit events in your past. It’s very important to discuss your credit history with a VA lending expert at 800-720-0250.
If you are an active-duty military member or a Veteran of the armed forces or national guard, you may qualify for VA home loan benefits as specified by the Department of Veterans Affairs. As you consider applying for a VA home loan, you may have heard of VA loan prequalification.
Refinancing VA loans gives you some great benefits as a qualified veteran or service member. You may be able to decrease your monthly mortgage payments, get cash back on your home equity or lower your interest rate. Sometimes you may even get all three of these benefits in one loan!
What Our Customers Are Saying
I just want to thank you very much for your work to help us refinance our loans. I know you had to do so much work for us and we really appreciate it. If I know anyone who wants to buy a home or refinance I will do my best to refer you to them. Again, thank you very much.
My mother recently had a refinance with HomePromise. The process was easy for her (and I) to follow. The loan representative was very helpful and responsive for the entire process and explained everything. I would definitely recommend this company.
This company out did themselves in my expectations. They were not pushy; they waited on me and kept contact with me even when I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to refinance. I had a wonderful experience and highly recommend them for your next mortgage needs!
I am a Veteran and they helped me understand the best options with my VA loan. They were great all through the process. I will definitely be telling others about Home Promise.